Company H. presents:
Seven Types of Play
The show’s concept was guided by notion of “play,” specifically through the National Institute for Play’s delineation of seven distinct types: Attunement, Body, Object, Social, Imaginative, Narrative and Transformative. With each artist creating within one type of play, rules operated in place of theme as a structuring element and built continuity through the very act of making.
The seven participating artists, all council members of Co. H, are:
• Mika Agari (Fine Art), object play
• David Anderson (Fine Art), transformative play
• Aaron Harper (Fine Art), imaginative play
• Blake Holland (The Film School), narrative play
• Zack Rafuls (Fine Art), attunement play
• Alexine Rioux (Fine Art), body play
• Kayla Saito (Fine Art), social play.
Work will include drawing, painting, video, digital prints, sculpture, performance and social practice.